Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Balloons

Balloons are not my favorite thing. When people offer my kids a balloon, I actually groan inward. They fight over balloons. They get upset when they don't "fly" anymore. They, (Sadie) cry when they get smaller. In the end I have to sneak and throw them away.
Now I have a problem. I don't know what is worse, real balloons, or imaginary balloons.
Sadie says that she has a fake balloon. You wouldn't think this would be a problem, but the fake balloon keeps coming out of her hand and going up to the ceiling. She insists that I get it down for her. INSISTS! So I do. Again, and again.
How do I get rid of this one??
I finally told her to tie a longer string to it, because I couldn't keep getting it. I think she took me seriously, but what happens when the imaginary balloon starts shrinking, or pops? What do I do then?!

2 comments:

carla said...

you could get an imaginary helium machine and just blow her up a new one. :)

Darney said...

Tell her Brady popped it. Blame it on the baby. That always works.