Have you ever gotten really mad at your kids for something that you either know you did when you were a kid, or something you are pretty sure you would have done had you been given the opportunity?
Bethanie has had a bit of an obsession with the hose lately. She loves playing with it. Sean put one of those attachments on it where you squeeze the trigger and the water comes out at 100 miles per hour.
Bethanie decided that the back side of our house needed to be power washed. Although she denies it, I am pretty sure I asked her about 15 times NOT to point the hose at the house. I could have just been reminding myself though.
So, there I was on the floor changing Brady's diaper when I heard a really awful noise coming from the other side of the couch. It sounded like gushing water. I ran over to find water gushing in around the cable wire in our wall. It was spraying all over the TV, DVR, U-Verse box, DVD player, Wii, etc. Everything was getting a good wash down.
This high pitched screech erupted from my throat. It was the kind of screech that causes damage to the vocal chords.
I ran outside and saw Bethanie with the hose pushed up against the side of the house pointed right in to a little hole that had apparently been drilled by some cable guy.
Note to self; Have Sean seal up that little hole in the side of the house.
Bethanie was grounded from water for three days. If she is good I might allow her to drink it and shower in it.
As I thought about it though, there is a good chance I would have probably done the same thing when I was her age, BUT that doesn't change the fact that our electronics had to dry out before any further use.
While I am thinking about it, I just want to take this opportunity to apologize to my dad for breaking the stucco off of the side of the house when I was about 10 years old. I now understand why that upset you.
1 comment:
Oh, man. So sorry about that (totally sounds like something Joel or Nate would do given the chance though). I hope all your electronics dry out okay! You are such a good mom. I think I would've been tempted to with-hold the drinking and showering privileges as well. :)
Post a Comment