Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Whoopie!

On Saturday Sadie earned some tickets at a bowling alley. Precious tickets. Do you remember when you were little and you would excitedly watch the tickets come out of the machine?
Sadie took her special tickets to the counter to cash them in. For me that was always a bitter sweet moment. I was always sure I would have enough for the very large stuffed animal, or a walkman. Yet, I would always walk away with an eraser or a rubbery frog.
Sadie was not disappointed with her prize. She was able to get a whoopie cushion. She was ecstatic. Her enthusiasm was not to be matched.
That evening when I talked to her on the phone I heard all about it. Our conversation was randomly interjected with "Did you hear that toot, mom!?" "Wasn't that a funny one, mom?"
Sadly, the whoopie cushion was not to last. It was broken by the very next morning. Sadie went through a brief mourning period. She told Sean that Santa MUST bring her a new one.
Poor, poor Sadie.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

LOL...by "broke" do you mean "Sean took the scissors to it?!" :D