Friday, January 15, 2010

ALMOST two weeks

Two weeks ago we decided as a family, (or it was me and sorta, kinda Sean), that we were going to go two weeks without sweets to see how we felt.
The kids have done pretty well. There hasn't even been a lot of complaints.
This morning I was one of the moms in charge of breakfast for the seminary kids. I took a few boxes of donuts and had some leftovers when we were done.
Technically, we aren't supposed to be done with our challenge until Monday, but I didn't want to waste perfectly good donuts. So,I let my kids have one for breakfast.

Sadie sat at the table with the boxes surrounding her. She sighed the most content sigh I have ever heard escape her lips. She than said, "Oh mom, I am surrounded by sweets. I am happy."

No comments: