There is a lot of political turmoil right now as the country fights back and forth about gays and marriage. I am not going to go off on my political stand point of this issue. What I am going to say is that there needs to be more compassion and understanding for what these people deal with daily. There is a lot of hurt and loneliness. Maybe having a deeper understanding of their pain will help us to be more patient and loving. They do not have a disease. Your child is not going to catch anything from them. Generally, these people are very thoughtful and loving, because they know what it feels like to be different.
I found this blog very thought provoking;
http://gaymormonguy.blogspot.com/
I applaud this man's courage as he shares his journey. It is worth reading.
1 comment:
You are right--I don't think we can ever have too much compassion and understanding for one another. How could it be wrong to be more loving and patient with another one of Heavenly Father's children?
I loved his entry about Pres. Packer's talk. I had been meaning to go back and reread the talk and he clarified some things that I had wondered about. Heavenly Father loves all his children and He wants us all to return to live with Him again. I know that of a certainty.
Post a Comment