One of my favorite (insert sarcasm here) things about kids is the fact that when they go to another home they will immediately ask for food, my kids included.
We have tried to stop that by telling the kids that they have to ask me before they can eat anything at someone else's home.
I realize this is a futile attempt, but I am trying, ok?
Bethanie just walked up to our backdoor, which is made up of mostly glass... which I can see through... She started examining her reflection in the window. I was sitting on the other side of that window.
She started scrubbing at her face, trying to get rid of all traces of the blue Popsicle that was left there. When she thought she got it all off she walked in and sprinted for the bathroom.
I call her in.
"Bethanie, did you just eat a blue Popsicle?"
By the look on her face, she can't recall.
"Bethanie, you have a blue tongue. Do you remember eating a blue Popsicle?
She is searching her brain, trying to remember.
"Bethanie, Yes or No? Did you eat a Popsicle."
Ummmmmmmmm.........
Maybe that is my problem with eating. I over eat because I don't remember that I just had a bowl of ice cream 3 minutes before. It's a short term memory thing, not a food addiction!
No comments:
Post a Comment