As I have said before, about once a month Sean and I each take one of the girls and go on a "date". They get one on one time with one of their parents.
Sadie and I ran some errands together on Saturday and then went and got lunch.
I used the time while we ate to catch up. :)
The hour was filled with many chuckles. Here is a run-down of our conversation;
Me: "Sadie, what are you learning about in school right now?"
Sadie: "Um, we talk a lot about families. We also talk about how God loves all of us. They said that God loves me."
Me: "Do you think that God loves you?"
Sadie:"Yes, He loves me." (matter of factly)
...one minute passes while we chew...
Sadie:"Mom, who is God?"
Me: "Sadie, what makes you happy?"
Sadie: "I will tell you what makes me happy in preschool. My friend Emily. When we get together, the fun never ends."
Me: "Wow, she must be a great friend."
Sadie: "Yeah, but circle time is boring. They make us sit and listen. That is boring. Just like sacrament meeting. That is also boring. Parents like boring stuff, but kids don't."
Sadie: "Mom, why do parents have kids? Is it because they are bored and need company?"
Me: "Sure, I guess that could be one reason."
Sadie: "Hmmmm... (looking at a big family that just walked in)
Those parents wanted a lot of company."
2 comments:
LOL...I feel the same way about you as Sadie feels about Emily.
P.S. Maybe your FHE tonight should be about The Big Guy ;D Did I miss that Sadie goes to a Christian preschool?
You know, I have conversations just like this with Matthew, but I can never remember how they went by the time I can write them down. How do you do that??
Post a Comment