Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cockapproaches and Wack Cheese

The kids and I are still here in St George. Sadie has added a few words to her vocabulary since getting here.

Cockapproaches: Once known by the name "cockroaches" to others in this area, they are very common in the desert. Most St Georgians must have their homes sprayed regularly to keep the pesky little buggars out. After the home is sprayed it is common to see dead cockapproaches around the walls and exits of the home.
At times this can cause bouts of terror in little girls.

Wack Cheese: This word refers to a product put out by Babybel. The small wheels of cheese are encased in wax, (or "wack, as it were) and sold to the masses. They can be eaten as a snack between meals or rolled down the stairs.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love it. I can just picture a bunch of guys in the 'hood eating Babybels "Dude, this cheese is off the chain it's so wack".

Darney said...

The cockapproaches were very frightening. I am glad they didn't get mixed in with the wack cheese.

lenseigne said...

I'm so glad we have never seen a cockaroach the whole time we've lived in Indiana! That is such a great thing about living here.