Sunday, October 7, 2007

Going Fishing

Friday night Sean and I took the girls on "dates". He took Sadie out and I took Bethanie out. We all went our seperate ways and took care of some errands and then got a treat for the girls.
When we were loading up our seperate cars Sean asked Sadie what kind of treat she wanted to get. She told him that she wanted a "Chocolate Smith".
What exactly is a Chocolate Smith?
Well, Sadie says it is just like a Joseph Smith, except it is chocolate.
I have never seen one of those before. Maybe they could find one at the BYU bookstore. :)
I think it is funny that while out on our little dates Bethanie and I ended up looking at different pets like fish, birds, etc. Sean and Sadie also went in to check out a pet store while they were out.
The difference is that Sean and Sadie came home with 5 goldfish. Bethanie and I came home with ingredients to make caramel popcorn.
So, now we have goldfish. The girls carefully picked out names for each of them. Their official names are Nilly, Willy, Silly, Billy, and Chili.
Sadie happens to call them by whatever name comes out of her mouth at the time. Occasionally I have heard Tilly or Milly. I have even heard Elmo.
I guess we will see how long these fish last. Luckily they were 12 cents a piece.
You are welcome to email me with your bets on their life expectancy.
Let me just tell you that Sadie has already tried to feed the godlfish macaroni and cheese, and Bethanie has already tried to entertain them by blowing bubbles in to their aquarium.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am crying I am laughing so hard. I just tried to tell Dave about "a chocolate Smith" and I was laughing so hard I couldn't get it out. Your blog is seriously my all time favorite.