Sunday, September 9, 2007

Alien Invasion

This is neither cute or clever. This particular thing that was said by Bethanie was one of those moments when, as a mother, you go into instant panic mode.
We were at a BBQ on Saturday with Sean's new co-workers. Sean, of course, is eager to impress. The daughter (about 10 or 11 years old) of his new "mentor" took Bethanie and Sadie under her wing the second we arrived at the house and took them away to play.
At the end of the evening it was time to pack up and go. We were standing there with all of the kids when I asked Bethanie and Sadie to please say thank you to this girl that had spent all evening entertaining them.
"NO!"
Huh? "Say Thank you please Bethanie."
"NO!"

>This is when I started to panic. This couldn't really be my sweet little Bethanie. Obviously there were aliens that entered our temporary apartment last night and took the real Bethanie and left this one.<

I gave her what I felt was one of my best, -Do it or you will regret this later!- looks and asked her once again to please say thank you. After a third no, I gave up. I looked her right in the face and told her to say thank you- NOW!

Ugh. I really hope that the aliens come back tonight and bring her back. I miss her terribly.

No comments: