Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Writ of Passage

The thing that Bethanie said to her dad last night is something that every child probably says in one way or another. I consider it a writ of passage.
Last night she told Sean, "When I get in trouble, I wish that I didn't have parents!"

I am sure that when I was young I felt the same way. I do think it is funny that when she gets sent to her bed to sit on it for five minutes, or when she is told she can't watch the television for a while (heaven forbid) that her parents are just cruel and she would rather live without them.

Ironically, last week she told Sean she was going to run away and live in a hotel. Considering the day we had Sean agreed and asked if Bethanie would take Sadie with her. He even offered to make the reservation and pay the hotel bill.
Somehow this was not ok with Bethanie and she admitted that she would never want to leave her mommy and daddy because she loved them too much.
How quickly they forget. :)

No comments: